Friday, February 24, 2012

Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Quad Review

Hello, hello! 
Today, I'm featuring my current favorite eye shadow palette and the look I create almost every day with it! Unfortunately, I don't know if you can buy this palette because, I am pretty sure that it was a gift with purchase. But! If I am not mistaken you can buy all of these eye shadows separately!

Products used for this look:



    • Urban Decay Primer Potion
    • Clinique's Color Surge Eye Shadow Quad
      • Daybreak "super shimmer" & "single shade from totally neutral trio"
    • Urban Decay Super Curl Mascara
    • Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
    • Any shimmery white eyeshadow
    The colors in the quad, (Left to Right)

    • Matte cream color
      • Single shade from teddy bear quad
    • Shimmery golden color - Dupe for Stila Kitten! (post comparing them coming soon)
      • Daybreak super shimmer
    • A dark taupey brown with a hint of shimmer
      • Single shade from totally neutral trio
    • A light grey brown with a satin finish
      • Single shade from totally neutral trio
    How to achieve this look-
    1. Primer your eyes with Urban Decays Primer Potion (or any colorless eye primer)
    2. Take "Daybreak" and apply a wash of color all over your lid
    3. Take the darkest brown on an eyeliner brush and smudge it into your lash line, for this I like to use the brush that came with the Clinique Black Honey eyeliner
    4. Take your favorite mascara and apply as many coats as your normally do, I like to use Urban Decay's Supercurl Mascara and then go over it with the waterproof Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara.
    5. Finally, if you think your eyes need to look a little bit more awake take a white shimmery eye shadow and place it just beneath your brow bone and on the inner corner of you eye!
    Your done! It is really that simple! Honestly, this is my go to look right now. I love it! If I can find dupes for any or all of the shades in this quad I will post them so if you want you can recreate this look! It super simple, but I think it looks amazing!

    Have a great day! :)

    3 comments:

    1. Your liner looks great - hard to believe it's just the shadow from the palette! I'm going to try a similar look with some brown BE shadow that I have. Thanks for the idea:)

      ReplyDelete
    2. are the colours very pigmented?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The matte cream color and the light grey brown do have decent pigmentation, but not as much as the other two shades!

        Delete